Last year my daughter and I had the joy of meeting Chip n Dale at the Contemporary Resort during Christmas week and they were dressed at toy soldiers. I had never seen those costumes before, so we were excited to meet them there.
Among the new offerings for 2013 Star Wars Weekends are the Chipwoks. It’s Chip n Dale dressed as Ewoks, so I like to call them “Chipwoks.” The meet and greet is a great new addition and it’s proven to be very popular during the first two weekends. In the Star Wars series the Ewoks are a hunter-gatherer species that helped save the rebel alliance. They resemble Teddy Bears, so Chip n Dale are a natural for the role. I’m grateful they didn’t turn Duffy into Duffwok!
The best part of having started this blog just over a year ago is all the new amazing friends I’ve met as a result of the information that I’ve been fortunate enough to share. Some friends say hello and strike up a conversation in one of the parks, some spend a couple of days touring around with me, some are cast members who are the unsung heroes of the parks and some are coming forward to provide great photos and information from around the world. EuroRob is providing us great photos from Disneyland Paris and now I’d like to introduce you to Rich Muller. Well, you can’t see Rich because he hasn’t sent me a photo of himself, just lots of great character photos from Disneyland (California). Some of the photos include his terrific son and others are shots of the characters alone.
On Sunday, January 20th I dropped into Epcot’s Canada Pavilion to see what the Limited Time Magic: Winter Wonderland was about first hand. I got in line at 1:47 and the characters were about to take their quick quackers and nuts break, so I waited a total of 18 minutes to meet them. When you zoom in on the characters with your camera, it was a cute little meet and greet area. When they first announced “Winter Wonderland” in the Canada pavilion, I thought they would have snow machines on the buildings and snow throughout the area. That was not the case. They just had one little meet and greet area and it wasn’t even in the pavilion, it was along the water’s edge. Continue reading Limited Time Magic: Winter Wonderland in Epcot’s Canada Pavilion
I met Chip n Dale at Epcot on 10-21-2012/09:35 AM using @kennypirate’s app. Download http://tinyurl.com/9vu9db2
Rumor has it that Pete’s Silly Sideshow will be open for day guests tomorrow, and be open for MNSSHP guests beginning with Thursday, October 4th’s party and continuing through the run of MNSSHP. No word on MVMCP yet. Daisy, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will use their Disney magic and also be found in their regular MNSSHP meet locations.
As of the moment, when Pete’s Silly Sideshow opens, Guest Assistance Cards will not be accepted to bypass the line, only Make A Wish kids will be allowed to bypass the main queue. Fastpass is not said to be offered at this time.
While the queue line is divided into male (Donald and Goofy) and female (Daisy and Minnie) characters, one will still be able to see the other characters within the room, but will only be able to meet them if they exit and re-queue for the other characters.
Pete’s tent is scheduled for open to close hours but will not be offered for Extra Magic Hours.
Minnie Mouse’s last day in Town Square Theater is said to be today, October 3rd. Daisy will no longer meet in Town Square, Donald will no longer meet in Frontierland and Goofy will no longer meet in Adventureland after today.
Chip n Dale are scheduled to take over Donald’s spot in Frontierland tomorrow as well. Marie took over at the flag pole on September 30.
Chip n Dale have relocated from Camp Minnie Mickey to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. Evidently chipmunks are the first creatures to sense the future destruction of Camp Minnie Mickey. Those guys should warn the other characters of the impending doom. At least it gives character hunters two reasons to visit this very out of the way place.
Oh, someone should tell WDW that all the Animal Kingdom characters are apparently still asleep at 1:30pm according to “My Disney Experience.”
At least “Mobile Magic” knows that the chipmunks are awake, but doesn’t tell you when you can meet them.
Update: Pooh characters remain in their place and Camp Minnie Mickey will stay at least until Fall 2013
Rumors have been that Winnie the Pooh an the Hundred Acre Wood characters will be removed from the Animal Kingodm. This move is to provide space for some of the characters from Camp Minnie Mickey while the new Bazaar area is being constructed.
- Marie will definitely move to Magic Kingom.
- Beast has been heavily rumored to be removed from Epcot but the date is unconfirmed (plausible)
- Stitch will need to move or be removed at some point to make room for construction to begin on the new Epcot Character Spot, which is right behind where these characters currently meet.
- Mrs. Incredible will be retired from the scheduled meet at Magic of Animation. Mr. Incredible will then meet only with Frozone.
- Winnie the Pooh will definitely leave the Magic of Animation in order for the area to be remodeled into Wreck-it Ralph’s new meet area. Rumors have it that Winnie and the gang might be leaving the park, but that is unconfirmed (but highly plausible). It is known that two character attendant positions will be cut from the next budget, so the assumption is that it is the Pooh characters that are being cut. Stitch would make good sense to me, because he is the least popular of all the hat characters.
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow will begin soft openings. Daisy, Minnie, Goofy and Donald will relocate to join the circus and take on all new costumes in this brand-new indoor character meet area.
- Marie the cat will relocate from France in Epcot to the Magic Kingdom flag pole. She will take Daisy’s vacant spot and meet next to Pluto.
- Prince Eric will be retired from the schedule and will no longer meet at the Adventueland Verandah. Ariel will continue to meet alone until she moves to her new Grotto and takes on fins again.
- Chip n Dale will move from Tomorrowland to Frontierland to fill Donald’s vacant spot.
- At this point it appears that Goofy’s spot at Pirates of the Caribbean may go unfilled.
Beast (Dinner only Be Our Guest) and Gaston (regular in park meets) will be added to New Fantasyland once the area opens to guests in November.
There could be additional changes coming to which I’m not privy
With Donald leaving to join the circus, Chip n Dale will move to Frontierland to take his spot in Frontierland. Thematically I see this as a win because I really disliked their Tomorrowland costumes and see them as an easy fit there. Of course, I would get rid of them in favor or Horace & Clarabelle, some Br’ers or Country Bears, if it were my choice.