On Decmeber 26, 2013 my two oldest kids and I set out to see if we could improve upon our
www.touringplans.com/ultimate record which is 62 attractions in Epcot in one operational day. It was the day after Christmas and the parks were insanely packed. We came across an abundance of challenges including several Agent P phones that broke or died while trying to complete missions and the fact that I had planned for 3 Extra Magic Hours at night, not realizing that it was only 2, duh! About the time we were taking in the Canadian Voyageurs I totally reformatted our plan just to complete with a record. We had hoped to do 70 attractions, but that didn’t pan out. Our day was still pretty impressive though! Follow along. Click a pic for a full size image.
We arrived at the gates at 6:40 am because we heard that Test Track and Soarin’ would open super early for this busy Christmas period.
The Soarin’ people were asked to head to the right with the flight attendants. We saved Soarin’ for last in our touring plan.
It’s early in the morning, so let’s go for the big wake up thrill of Test Track.
We’re insane. It’s 7:19 am and the park is now open for us and about 100 others who were dumb enough to show up this early.
Our destination! We are first in line.
Obligatory Times Guide front.
Times Guide rear.
My hot rod car. I didn’t score very well, but isn’t it snazzy looking?
She’s happy because she had the best car in our family 🙂
1. Test Track 7:23-7:40am and we’re the first family of the day to ride Test Track. It’s cold outside and I’ve been awake for 17 hours straight already 🙂
Sorry Jordyn, I blocked out your face a bit there.
They only allowed us to ride once. BOO! So we did all the post show games.
The little racing game is pretty pointless.
Taking the photos can be a fun little diversion.
We were either channeling the Blue Man group or playing old school Test Track Dummies.
It’s not too often you’ll see this entire promenade entirely empty!
Ha! A 15 minute posted wait, but we were the first in line. The lady said, “You guys must be real fans of this ride.”
2. Sum of All Thrills. At 7:55-8:10 am we were watching the pre-show.
It’s 8:03am and we’re building our roller coasters. Nathan and Jordyn teamed up and I went solo. This ride doesn’t allow on-ride photos.
8:10 am and we’re off the ride
3. Stormstruck 8:11-8:25am Nathan kept pushing the wrong answer to mess up our statistics. The lady tried to convince us to go to Test Track or Soarin’ because they wouldn’t have a line. We were the only ones in EVERY Innoventions attraction this morning 🙂
Vision House was all Christmassy like Carousel of Progress
4. Vision House. 8:26-8:43am Who would ever put this attraction as number 4 on his touring plan? Well, a pirate who wants to set a record of course!
One used to be able to make a little Jiminy Cricket paper here, but now they give away free cars to every Walt Disney World guest!
5. Where’s the Fire? 8:46-8:57am We thought we’d be the only ones putting out a fire, but we talked a father and son into playing. They had never tried it and thought it was fun.
Who would have ever known that flashlights could fight fire?
6. The Great Piggy Bank Adventure 8:58-9:11am We love this little game. Partly because it’s fun, but mostly because the we like carrying the cute little piggy around.
We had almost accumulated all our necessary savings by stage 2
7. Innoventions Games 9:12-9:19am It’s 9:00am and teenagers are playing video games. Sounds like Christmas break.
8. IBM Think 9:20-9:31am This is such a BORING attraction. Do not even bother with this. The old video game creator was fun, but this thing is such a waste of space
Boring movie. Made me sleepy
I could have created this using Powerpoint back in 1997
Please do. THINK about removing this attraction.
9. Take a Nanooze Break. 9:35-9:40am You take this little scopy thingie and examine stuff on a cellular level. I’d rather play with my cell phone for 5 mintues.
10: Ellen’s Energy Adventure 9:42-10:23am Want to get a good nap in mid-afternoon? This is the place. They trap you in a vehicle for 30 minutes and bore you with film clip after film clip after film clip involving Billy Nye and Ellen and Big Bangs, Ding Dangs and three dinosaurs.
Most guests don’t even know there’s an attraction inside this little igloo.
11. Test the Limits Lab 10:28=10:40 This is the second attraction inside Epcot that features the Lion King characters. Is the Lion King really a futuristic movie? Seemed more about the story of a little boy maturing to manhood to me. Oh well, Pumbaa and Simba teach us not to overload our plugs.
One of the two little things that kids can bang on in Test the Limits lab.
I think most kids would rather bang on things than to watch a short film about not overloading a circuit.
Jammitors! Even grown ups would rather bang on things than to learn about overloading a circuit.
12. Jammitors 10:45-10:50am We would certainly rather watch people bang on things…
Jammitors Christmas edition
13. Club Cool 10:52-10:53am We’re filling up on sugary soda. We called it “carb loading.” I needed something to shock me after watching Ellen’s Energy and Test the Limits Lab
Glug, glug, glug
Sip, sip, sip
Yea! Quality Entertainment is on its way. Trust me, they put it inside the little cart.
14. World Showcase Players 11:00-11:18 We are among the crazy ones that wish to watch a comedy show on the day after Christmas while all the other tourists are just arriving at Epcot.
Yeh, baby, that’s me!
Take a bow
15. Mariachi Cobre 11:30-11:36 Kenny, why in the world would you walk all the way from UK to Mexico to catch a mariachi band? It’s required as a part of this Ultimate Tour stuff and I had to fit both shows into my schedule. Don’t try this ultimate stuff at home.
Miren al pepino. Miren como se mueve. Como un leon. Tras un raton. Miren al pepino. Sus suaves movimientos. Tal como mantequilla en un chango pelon.
It’s time for a Fiesta!
16. Gran Fiesta Tour 11:38-11:49am Well, it’s not a Grand Party, but more of a simple boat ride watching film clips of Donald Duck’s antics and the Mexican Small World. Oh well, it’s air conditioned.
17. Donald Duck 11:52-11:58 For those who aren’t familiar, he’s the one with no pants.
18. China Storyteller 12:10-12:20pm It’s nothing about Christmas as Americans know it, but still a fun show with a monkey guy banging a stick on the floor a lot.
We saw the real Monkey King in actual China too
19. Tomb Warriors Exhibit 12:22-12:23pm We also got to see the real Tomb Warriors in China. It’s a great country. Epcot one is okay, I’m talking about real China.
We began our first Agent P mission in China
20. 12:30-12:48 Reflections of China movie. Nathan actually ran on the real Great Wall. If he had run on this wall, we would have been thrown out.
21 Agent P mission China complete 12:23-12:28 & 12:49-12:53
22 Outpost Drums. 12:54 There’s always someone banging on something in Epcot!
23 Germany Pickle Tree 12:57 Odd way to decorate for the holidays. Hey, honey, let’s hang cucumbers on the tree!
24 Germany Storyteller Helga and Nutcracker. Kids love getting a photo with the nutcracker guy
Began Agent P Germany
25 Chanukah Storyteller 1:15-1:30 It was about dreidels and they handed out chocolate. That’s Ultimate touring trouble to get food from strangers, so we gave it all away to little kids.
26. Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corp. 1:30-1:35 Attention soldiers!
27 Agent P Germany mission completed 1:06-1:12 & 1:38-1:43
28 Italy Storyteller La Befana 2:00-2:12 Something about witches and Christmas just really don’t go together for me. Don’t they have their own holiday with brooms and their own theme park across town?
29 Sergio the Italian Juggler 2:15-2:28 The best part is when he has the little kid catch the ball he throws like 50 feet.
30. Kwanzaa Storyteller 2:00-2:12
31. Voices of Liberty 2:45-2:50 ❤ hearing the Christmas songs in the rotunda
32. American Heritage Gallery 2:50-2:55
33. American Adventure 3:00-3:40
America, spread your golden wings…
34. Japan Storyteller 3:45-3:53
35. Serveur Amusant 3:55-4:06
Hey, you could fall and hurt yourself! And they tell the kids not to stand on the seat walls?
36. France Storyteller 4:20-4:26 He looks like Santa but he doesn’t sound like Santa
38. Morocco Storyteller 4:35-4:43
38. Mo’Rockin 4:45-4:50
Started Agent P mission in United Kingdom. About this time we started having issues with one phone after another. They wouldn’t stay charged for us.
39 British Revolution 5:05-5:10
Picked up where we left off with the Agent P mission
40. Tigger and Pooh Meet and Greet 5:19-5:22
Tigger and Pooh autographed for us. Here’s Tigger’s
41. Agent P Mission – United Kingdom completed 5:02-5:04, 5:11-5:18, 5:22-5:5
42. United Kingdom Storyteller 5:30-5:39
43. Friendship Boat – Morocco to Canada 5:47-5:59
44. Canadian Voyageurs – 6:01-6:06
45. O’Canada 6:08-6:36
46. Journey into Imagination with Figment 6:42-6:54
47. Image Works email postcard thing 6:54-6:55
Gibberish, it’s all gibberish
48. Epcot Character Spot 7:02-7:07
49. Captain EO 7:12-7:36
Began Agent P mission Mexico
50. Norway Storyteller 7:55-8:07
51. Candlelight Processional. 8:13-9:00 Walked right up and got a seat. There were tons of seats left for the last show of the night and it was getting pretty cold.
52. Japan Gallery 9:01-9:03
53. Impressions de France 9:07-9:43
54. Agent P Mission – Mexico completed. 7:46-7:54, 9:51-9:54 Phone issues made us run all the way from France to Mexico
55. Stave Church 9:56-9:58
Anna, is that you?
56. Maelstrom & Film 9:59-10:13
Boring film portion
57. Illuminations 10:30-10:48
58. Mission Space 10:51-11:09
59. Spaceship Earth 11:13-11:29 Thank you Phoenecians!
60. Turtle Talk with Crush 11:33-11:47 Last show of the night and lamo. There were only a few kids in the room and they didn’t speak english. Crush tried to interact with them but gave up and just talked about turles and oceans
61. Seas with Nemo and Friends 11:47-11:53 We were really concerned that we wouldn’t have enough time to complete the attempt.
62. Living with the Land 11:55-12:09
63. The Circle of Life film 12:10-12:26 We were the ONLY people in the theater. The lady assured us we would have just enough time to make it to Soarin to complete the tour!
Circle of Life
Circle of Life
Circle of Life
Circle of Life
Circle of Life – end of film
64 Soarin’ 12:28-12:45 We did it!
Clockout at the tip board area 12:53
Like a grand and miraculous spaceship… Had a terrific day with my kids. We had to reformat our plan like 8 times due to a variety of circumstances, but we did it!
Disney World Characters, Disney World Vacation, Disney World Entertainment, Disney World Times Guide, Disney World Resorts, Disney World Tickets, Disney World Hotels, Walt Disney World