Today, April 28, 2014 Walt Disney World began a new phase in Fastpass+ (FP+) offerings. Guests are now allowed to choose more than the original limit of 3 Fastpasses per day with some limitations. Guests can even use Fastpass+ for park hopping to a degree.
1. Guest must book 3 Fastpass+ selections from the Disney website, My Disney Experience app or in park kiosk.
2. Once the 3 FP+ have been used OR the time frame expires on your FP+ selections, a guest may go to an in-park kiosk and book ONE additional FP+ from any available at that time. (High demand attractions like Anna & Elsa, Toy Story Midway Mania, Soarin’ and Test Track could be gone by the time you try this).
3. Once the 4th FP+ has been used or the time frame expires, you may book another FP+ and continue this process as long as FP+ is available. (The additional selection can take place in the same park, or a different park) There will be no limitation on how many additional selections you can make, but they must be made one at a time.
4. At this time guests can ONLY book the additional FP+ at an in park kiosk. Walt Disney World plans to allow the flexibility to use their app for the additional FP+, but this feature is not currently available.
5. Any ride can be chosen as the 4th (or more) selection, including the ability to re-ride the same attraction you chose earlier based on availability.
6. The guest can choose any attraction as the 4th (or more). The tiers that are a part of Epcot and Hollywood Studios will not apply to the in-park kiosk selections of number 4 or more.
So, what does all this mean? Guests will be allowed to pick over any available attractions that remain, but that doesn’t mean you’ll get to re-ride Toy Story Midway Mania and it doesn’t mean you’ll find Anna and Elsa FP+ in the park. This feature is going to be most effective at the Magic Kingdom which has a wide variety of Fastpass options. This feature will also mean that wait times at rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, it’s a small world and Haunted Mansion could actually increase later in the day because more people will be using FP+ for these attractions.
If you choose a late FP+ for things like Main Street Electrical Parade, Wishes, Illuminations or Fantasmic as part of your original 3 FP+, you’ll be locked out of being able to make the additional FP+ choices.
I recommend that you continue to use the Touring Plans that I’ve written exactly as they are presented, because they work. If you’d like to make use of the extra FP+, just book them after using the 3 outlined in the plans.