It’s difficult to assume that every character will offer some type of meet and greet opportunity during the upcoming 24 hour day, but May 23-24 could bring some great rare characters to the Magic Kingdom from 6:00 am to 6:00am. Disney is calling the event “Rock Your Disney Side: 24 Hours.” Guests are encouraged to wear costumes. Let me advise you that it will be VERY HOT and VERY CROWDED that day, so wear something that is cool and breathes well. I would personally avoid face paint or masks too. If you are wearing some type of hat, you might want to cut holes in the top for the hot air to escape. I will try to be a little creative with my Disney Bounding that day and welcome advice, but it must be KtP.
General Event Details:
• Hours of operation for the event will take place from 6:00 AM, May 23, 2014 to 6:00 AM, May 24, 2014.
• Only select attractions, entertainment and services will be available. (KtP note: All stuff is usually open, but may have restricted hours)
• Valid theme park admission is required.
• Event is subject to restrictions and change without notice.
• Costumes should be child-friendly and adhere to any guidelines determined by Disney.
• Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent; drag on the ground; contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest; contain any weapons or objects which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
• Masks may be worn, but they must not obstruct vision, and eyes must be visible at all times.
• Guests who dress like Disney characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs.
• Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused admission.
I would hope for some meet and greets from some great rare characters, but I’ve learned not to get my hopes too high and it end up being A) Yet another dance party B) an appearance on stage that doesn’t allow guests to meet the character. Given recent character usage, we may end up with a lot of meets with common and semi-rare characters and a bunch of dance parties. That picture doesn’t include some uber rare characters like Launchpad McQuack, Darkwing Duck, Shang, Agent P, Barbossa, Clara Cluck, Esmeralda, Phoebus and Quasimodo, Gus & Jac, Huey, Dewey & Louie, Hyenas, John Smith, Pain and Panic, Stromboli or other great rare characters.
It does include some characters in the photo like Dumbo, Hades, Megara, Hercules, Meet the Robinsons, Chicken Little and more. I’ve highlighted the ones in green that I would love to meet, if they are available for meets and not just another dumb dance party or waving from a stage.
What characters that are represented on this list and in the photo above would you love to meet that day? I’ll be there to cover all the festivities.
|Characters represented in today’s @DisneyParks tweet|
|Big Bad Wolf|
|Bowler Hat Guy|
|Lotso Huggin Bear|
|Louis the Alligator|
|Ludwig von Drake|
|Queen of Hearts|
|Sally from Nightmare|
|Sheriff of Nottingham|
|Sofia the First|
|Winnie the Pooh|