The zombiepocalypse has begun! The sky is falling! The British are coming! Paper Fastpass is gone! Well, going soon anyway. Beginning January 14, the Magic Kingdom will join the Animal Kingdom in becoming a Fastpass+ ONLY park. From January 14, 2014 onward the Magic Kingdom will no longer offer Legacy or paper Fastpass machines within the park. Guests staying at a Walt Disney World hotel will continue to be allowed to book their Fastpass+ options up to 60 days in advance using My Disney Experience and offsite guests will be required to book and or change their Fastpass+ options within the park at kiosks only.
At this time the Magic Kingdom will allow guests to choose any 3 Fastpass+ options that are available that day in the park.
What attractions are available?
- it’s a small world
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Haunted Mansion
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Meet Ariel
- Meet Cinderella
- Meet Mickey Mouse
- Mickey’s Philharmagic
- Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Meet Rapunzel
Where are the kiosks located?
- Fantasyland – Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Frontierland – Splash Mountain Fastpass machine area
- Liberty Square – Diamond Horseshoe in the breezeway by the restrooms
- Liberty Square – Heritage House (New)
- Storybook Circus – Fastpass tent next to Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Tomorrowland – Stitch’s Great Escape
- Town Square – Town Square Theater
- Town Square – City Hall
Can I park hop with Fastpass+?
Guests must choose ONLY one park in which to use Fastpass+. There is no park hopping with this technology, which seems like a huge mistake to me. Why would one invest the extra couple hundred bucks for their family to park hop and not be able to use Fastpass+? I suppose one could rope drop one park and hop to the park they plan to use the Fastpass+.
For the time being Hollywood Studios and Epcot continue to offer paper Fastpasses, but I expect to be eliminated by the end of January as well.